Welcome to Val's Paper Obsession

Welcome to VAL'S PAPER OBSESSION! Thanks for stopping by.

This is a blog of my card creations, with a few other things thrown in...Kick off your flipflops and sit a spell.

To see my card gallery, please go to: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=162786

Friday, April 2, 2010

Hummingbird Easter for DH F4A6




This is a card I had already started for my dh for Easter. He LOVES hummingbirds and roses. He grew up here in Florida, and says there are no hummingbirds (although I know better...lol) and roses are not the easiest thing to grow here. He is retiring the end of July and we're moving to California in the fall. We visited the area of Diamond Springs which is about an hour from Sacramento, last year, and when we were there there were beautiful roses everywhere! And we know that hummingbirds love the place too! The pic of me beside the roses was taken there. We're going back out next month to look at the property again and do a little more extensive research...so thought little card/mini album, which is today's challenge at SCS found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486055 ,would be perfect for him for Easter. My hummingbird image on the cover is stamped, then colored with watercolor pencils and blended with my aqua-painter. tfl

No comments: