Welcome to Val's Paper Obsession
This is a blog of my card creations, with a few other things thrown in...Kick off your flipflops and sit a spell.
To see my card gallery, please go to: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=162786
Saturday, June 2, 2012
Just wanted to leave a short note to let you know why I'm not posting lately. I was labeling my scrapbooks, and realized that I hadn't done any scrapbooking since February of 2009. Since then, we've taken lots of trips and moved from Florida to California. Lots to cover, so I've decided to not make any more cards until my scrapbooking is done.
We are going to be having a lot of company in June, August & September, so will be busy with them...but may still be able to squeeze in some craft time, and the scrapbooking is coming along very nicely.
So...I will be back with cards. Please don't stop following. I love my followers!
Monday, May 21, 2012
It was also inspired by a tutorial for pinwheels, found at the Crafty Steals blog here.
The paper for the pinwheels and the brad are from My Mind's Eye.
Saturday, May 19, 2012
The bird stamps are from a set called "Birds of a Feather" by See D's Stamps, and the sentiment is a Just Rite stamp.
The tree is done with a Darice embossing folder and sanded on Core'dinations paper.
Saturday, May 12, 2012
1. Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - flowers; and
2. DYSU Challenge Blog - DYSU#71 - Use a flower.
The beautiful hydrangea stamp from Stampin' Up's Because I Care set was stamped with white pigment ink and heat embossed with detail white embossing powder. The background was dry embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
1. Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge - SC384; and
2. Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 106 - to use 3 of something.
I used embossing markers and heat embossed the potted flowers stamp from the In the Garden set by See-D's.
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Monday, April 30, 2012
The stamp set is Birch Tree Paintings from innovativestampcreations.com. This is one of my favorite stamp sets because it reminds me of my favorite tree in our front yard. I just love it! I colored directly on the tree and grass stamps with watercolor markers, huffed and stamped.
Sunday, April 29, 2012
1. Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge - IC334 - Rosenberry Rooms - elephant clock found here: http://www.rosenberryrooms.com/291-elephant-wall-clock.html;
2. Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper - FS273 - abbysmom2198 (Linda Callahan) - card found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2182944?&cat=500&ppuser=199946 - I used the same sketch - see below #3 - and added the second round panel in back of the main image circle; and
3. Freshly Made Sketches - FMS32.
The stamp set used is Stampin' Up's Petite Pairs. Inside it says "...so glad you're here."
The little elephant is die cut from a paint chip.
Friday, April 27, 2012
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Friday, April 20, 2012
1. Splitcoaststampers Free 4 All Challenge - F4A113 - Mix 'N Match;
2. Card Position Systems - CPS261 - sketch;
3. Stampin' For the Weekend - Challenge 8 - Sparkle and Shine; and
4. Do You Stack Up - DYSU68 - stripes.
The cute litte butterfly digital stamp is this week's Friday freebie at Bugaboo Stamps. I colored it with watercolor crayons and aqua painter.
My dp's are My Mind's Eye.
Monday, April 16, 2012
Love to Create - Challenge #11 - Friends.
Sunday, April 15, 2012
1. Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper Challenge - FS271 - featuring Shellie Daniel aka shellied. The card I cased from her gallery is found here:
Saturday, April 14, 2012
The tulips are from Hero Arts. It is pre-colored, so I can't take credit for that. Beautiful, aren't they?
The dp is My Mind's Eye. Love their designs!
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
1. Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge - CC370 - tangerine tango, old olive and daffodil delight;
2. Catch the Bug Challenge Blog - Stella Says Sketch Challenge #108; and
3. The Stamping Boutique - Challenge #33 - Distress.
The cute little flower pot digital stamp was a freebie from Bugaboo Stamps. I colored it with Copics.
The Happy Birthday sentiment was done on the computer.
The leaves background was dry embossed with an embossing folder on core'dinations cardstock and sanded.
The last of one of my favorite ribbons - boohoo - and some Stickles finish it off.
Friday, April 6, 2012
The peony is heat embossed in gold and watercolored. The koi background is dry embossed on Far East cardstock and sanded.
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
The following challenges were used as inspiration:
Monday, April 2, 2012
The sunflower digital stamp, which is from priscillastyles' Sunflower Set of Three, was printed in 3 different sizes, colored with Copics, layered, and attached with a black glittery brad. The vintage tag is attached with a white glittery brad with a white spiral clip under it.
For details about the MMSC challenge, please see: http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/.
1. Splitcoaststampers Technique Lovers Challenge - TLC371 - Faux Pressed Flowers; and
2. Mojo Monday - MOJO235 - sketch.
The cherry blossom stamp is from Inkadinkadoo. The faux pressed petals were punched from paper. The background papers were dry embossed and sanded on Core'dinations paper.
Saturday, March 31, 2012
1. Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge - IC330 - Harabu House - tea towel set found here: http://www.harabuhouse.com/item/TURKISH-TOWELS---FACE-TOWEL/198/p5;
2. Crazy 4 Challenges - C4C130 - sketch challenge;
3. Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 101 - square cards - at Mark's Finest Papers; and
4. The Stamping Boutique - Challenge #31 - Sentiments ONLY.
The sentiment is a Just Rite stamp. The background pieces are dry embossed and sanded core'dinations paper. tfl
Friday, March 30, 2012
1. Splitcoaststampers Free 4 All Challenge - F4A110 - "Caught a Bug";
2. Freshly Made Sketches - FMS28; and
3. TCPTUES203 color challenge at Dancing in Pajamas.
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
1. Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge - SC378;
2. The Shabby Tea Room - Week#107 - 'Bright & Beautiful Spring' - use lilac, yellow, blue, kraft and a butterfly; and
3. Party Time Tuesdays - PTT#61 - Anything Goes.
The beautiful hydrangea image and thank you sentiment are from Stampin' Up's Because I Care set. I used dye ink, pastels and watercolor markers to color my flower and leaves.
Sunday, March 25, 2012
1. Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper Challenge - FS268 - to feature yourself as the featured stamper...so I chose the card I made yesterday for the Inspiration Challenge - IC329 - because I love the way it came out, and I still had all the papers out.
2. Challenge #88 - A Sketch from Ann at The Paper Players;
3. Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge Week 100 - Shades of Pink - from Mark's Finest Papers; and
4. Sentimental Sundays Challenge #95 - Easter or Spring.
The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's Petite Pairs set. Inside it says "to someone who makes others so happy".
Saturday, March 24, 2012
1. Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge - IC329 - be inspired by an item at Graham and Green. The piece that inspired me is found here: http://www.grahamandgreen.co.uk/framed-butterflies-print.
2. Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - Anything Goes;
3. Mark's Finest Papers - Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge Week 100 - Shades of Pink; and
4. Stampin' for the Weekend - Challenge 6 - Anything Goes.
Friday, March 23, 2012
1. the deconstructed sketch No. 44 from deconstructingjen.com;
2. Splitcoaststampers Free 4 All Challenge - F4A109 - three or more; and
3. DYSU#64 - plaid - at DYSU Challenge Blog.
Thursday, March 22, 2012
1. Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge - SC377;
2. Splitcoaststampers Ways to Use It Challenge - WT367 - to use rub-on flowers; and
3. DYSU Challenge Blog - DYSU#63 - favorite color.
My favorite color combination is black and white and blue.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
1. Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge - CC367 - chocolate chip, river rock, and baja breeze;
2. Splitcoaststampers Clean and Simple Challenge - CAS162 - sketch by Arizona Maine; and
3. thestampingboutique - Challenge #30 - Clean and Simple.
The stamps are from Hero Arts CL140. The flower pot die is from QuicKutz.
Monday, March 12, 2012
1. Splitcoaststampers - CAS161 - white with shades of blue;
2. Clean and Simple Stamping - FTL181 - sketch challenge; and
3. Crazy 4 Challenges - C4C127 - spring.
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
The color scheme is from Colour Q Challenge - cQc127 - chocolate chip, calypso coral, blushing bride, certainly celery and white.
I used Core'dinations cardstock for my flower parts, punched them out with my SU punch and stamped them with SU Build a Blossom stamps with chocolate chip ink. Dry embossed the petals with my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. Also dry embossed the card base. Mounted the ribbon panels on chocolate chip cardstock. tfl
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
1. Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge - CC365 - very vanilla, wild wasabi, blushing bride;
2. Splitcoaststampers Teapot Tuesday Challenge - MMTPT188 - cat and royalty theme; and
3. the deconstructed sketch - DS41 - found here: http://deconstructingjen.com/archives/category/the-deconstructed-sketch.
Again, I've used the cute little kitty digital stamp from motivet. He's just the cutest! Shaded him with Copics and pastels. The dp is My Mind's Eye Lost & Found - Market Street. tfl
Monday, March 5, 2012
1. Splitcoaststampers Clean and Simple Challenge - CAS160 - use a monogram;
2. Freshly Made Sketches - FMS24 - sketch;
3. Pile It On Challenge - PIO10 - spots and/or stripes; and
4. Less Is More - Week 57 - Colours - neutrals.
The stamp is a Martha Stewart set. The rest is pretty self-explanatory.
Sunday, March 4, 2012
The "hope" stamp is from Hampton Art, and the flower is from Stampin' Up's "Thanks for Caring" set. I stamped the hope stamp with Bermuda Bay ink and the flower and part of the flower is done with watercolor markers. tfl
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Sunday, February 26, 2012
I cased Janice's card found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1664405?&cat=500&ppuser=116312&sorttime=all&sortby=mf&way=desc. Used the kitty digi instead of flowers, different border punch, buttons in place of the larger pearls and birthday sentiment instead of Mother's Day.
Used Copics to color my little pearls, since I didn't have any pink ones. tfl
Friday, February 24, 2012
The inspiration piece I chose - shown above - can be found here: http://calgarycraftedgifts.com/metal.htm . I love this beautiful metalwork, and the scene immediately made me think of my tall trees embossing folder. tfl
Also entering this here:
http://sweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ - It's a Man Thing;
http://2sisterschallengeblog.blogspot.com/ - anything goes.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
http://doyoustackup.blogspot.com/ - distressing
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
I saw this beautiful card in Birgit's (Biggan) Splitcoast gallery the other day, and chose to case it. I used different punches, different colors and a different sentiment. This card may look clean and simple, but when you get into it, it's a lot of work, but I do love the result! Thanks for the inspiration, Birgit, and tfl.
Also entering this into a challenge to use lots of layers at http://doyoustackup.blogspot.com/2012/02/dysu-59-layers.html.
Monday, February 20, 2012
The sketch is Freshly Made Sketches #22 - FMS22.
The dogwood stamp is from the pinkpaislee Nantucket set. I stamped it with the tea stain ink and colored it with Copics.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
1. Catch the Bug Sketch Challenge; and
2. Crazy4Challenges - C4C124 - stripes and polka dots.
The cute little lady with all the packages is a digital stamp from Bugaboo Stamps. The Happy Birthday sentiment is a digital I had in my files. tfl
Saturday, February 18, 2012
1. Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper Challenge - FS263 - to use a card from Becky Carafa's gallery (BECCABATGIRL). I found inspiration from her beautiful cards found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1024831?&cat=500&ppuser=26764&sorttime=all&sortby=mf&way=desc; I changed the orientation from portrait to landscape, used a different stamp and sentiment and different colors.
2. http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.com/ - Challenge #90 - focus on the sentiment.
I used watercolor markers on my flower stamp from Hero Arts. The sentiment is from the same set, and is stamped in hunter green.
I love the clean simplicity of this design. Thanks for the great inspiration, Becky!
My beach scene - Friendship II from http://www.innovativestampcreations.com/ was stamped on watercolor and colored with watercolor pencils. I just love this scene...it is so serene...one of my favorite things is to just look out at the ocean. The "thinking of you" sentiment is from Hero Arts CL140. Love the script and it just seems to fit this card, in my opinion, at least...hehe. tfl
Entering this card in:
http://doyoustackup.blogspot.com/ - layers
http://inkyimpressionschallenges.blogspot.com/ - use punches or dies
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
The sketch is CPS #231 at Card Positioning Systems.
For the background for the owl I used the Wrinkle-free Distress Technique - which was yesterday's TLC364 at Splitcoaststampers. tfl
Monday, February 13, 2012
Sunday, February 12, 2012
I used lavender/purple scripted dp for my background instead of black and white, mounted on dk purple cs instead of black, made ticketed corners, dyed white pearls with lavender copics for the corners. Added lavender ribbon from my wedding 5 years ago instead of black. tfl
Also entering this here: