Welcome to Val's Paper Obsession

Welcome to VAL'S PAPER OBSESSION! Thanks for stopping by.

This is a blog of my card creations, with a few other things thrown in...Kick off your flipflops and sit a spell.

To see my card gallery, please go to: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=162786

Friday, July 17, 2009

Hummingbirds for My Honey


This card is for the Midnight Madness Challenge (MMSC10) found here http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/2009/07/midnight-madness-week-10-mmsc10.html. The image is digital that I painted with watercolor pencils.
I made it for my husband's birthday. I know it's not a traditional birthday card, but he loves hummingbirds. tfl

9 comments:

Crystal said...

very pretty, love that hummingbird and your wire..wow so pretty!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

This one is Gorgeous! Love how you did the color and the ribbon at the botton :) Thanks for sharing your talent this week at MMSC10 and see you at the next one , xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How beautiful and creative. Love the gold cording on the bottom. Beautiful coloring of those hummingbirds. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week.

Sue McMahon said...

Happy Birthday to your husband, Val! I too love hummingbirds. We feed them all summer long. Your image goes perfectly with your background! Thanks for playing along with us again this week! I can't wait to see what you create next week!

Sue
MMDT Member
http://mcmahonfive.blogspot.com/

Carolyn said...

What a beautiful card, and those hummingbirds are colored so wonderfully. I also like the way you worked the ribbon. Thanks for playing with us this week at the MMSC.

Carolyn, MMDT member
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow Beautifully painted hummingbird card. Love the way you put this card together! Thanks for playing along!

Valerie said...

So beautiful! Love the hummingbirds.

Priscilla said...

What a wonderful card. I love how you watercolored it..it came out great. I always look foward to coming to your blog. I like your header picture this week. You look like you are having a peaceful day :) Hey your hubby sounds like a wonderful guy too. He can't be half bad if he likes humming birds :) LOL
Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMDT

Michelle's Daydreams said...

This card is so pretty! I love the hummingbirds and your coloring is perfect with the papers you've chosen. Thanks for playing with us this week!

~Michelle MMSC DT