Welcome to Val's Paper Obsession

Welcome to VAL'S PAPER OBSESSION! Thanks for stopping by.

This is a blog of my card creations, with a few other things thrown in...Kick off your flipflops and sit a spell.

To see my card gallery, please go to: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=162786

Monday, March 8, 2010

Vintage Cameo TLC263 MMSC44


This card is for the Splitcoaststampers Technique Lover's Challenge - TLC263, found here: http://http//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483074; and
Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - MMSC44 - found here: http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/.
The card base was cut out with my Cricut. The cameo is a digital image. I cut it out with a Nestie and mounted it on Core'dinations cs which I had run through my Cuttlebug with one of my favorite Asian folders and sanded to bring out the design. tfl

7 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Hey pretty lady...wow, what a treat this week. Your Cameo is so creative and amazing. I love the vintage feel of this and the exquisite elements. I love to collect brooches and I was just thinking what a precious piece this would be to add to my collection..lol Beautifully done, my friend. Thanks for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge Blog.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Denise @ kc242 said...

I just love your use of that Cameo as your focal point in this beautiful card. The dp papers and embellishments compliment perfectly! Thank you so much for joining us at Midnight Madness this week! BEAUTIFUL job!

Sue said...

Oh Valierie, what a simply delicate exquisite piece this is. Love the embossing, and that cameo is so pretty. The lace border is just such a pretty, finishing touch to this beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Just a beautifl card!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Val - what a gorgeous card you have created! I love the cameo, it is stunning, so perefct with the embossing and sanding - those colours are gorgeous to! This is beautiful - I love it! You amaze us with your cards each week my friend! We appreciate you supporting us this week - we love to see your card and hope to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Valerie!! Love the cameo, the dry embossing and your tulle!! So vintage and exquisite!! What an awesome take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing with Midnight Madness this week!

Priscilla said...

Valerie, this card is so pretty and has a vintage feeling to it..you know how I love vintage.. thank you for sharing it with us. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Sneak Peek will be up tomorrow, so be sure to check back for that. Oh, and we love all our players project so much, we have a surprise for everyone next week, so stay tuned for that.

Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... what a gorgeous card. I have my grandmother's cameo & treasure it ... ♥ this card.