Welcome to Val's Paper Obsession

Welcome to VAL'S PAPER OBSESSION! Thanks for stopping by.

This is a blog of my card creations, with a few other things thrown in...Kick off your flipflops and sit a spell.

To see my card gallery, please go to: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=162786

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Flower in Adversity WT262 MMSC45


Today's card is for 2 challenges:

1. Splitcoaststampers Ways to Use It Challenge - WT262, to make a card of encouragement and send it out today; and

2. Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - MMSC45.

I used more of my homemade flowers and background paper that I made by cutting flowers with the Cricut and scattering them on white cs and spraying with 2 colors of Shimmer Mist. The background is cuttlebugged with one of my Asian embossing folders and the sentiment is computer generated. tfl

5 comments:

Priscilla said...

Hey Valerie..I love your card today..your embossing is wonderful. Pretty pretty flowers to. You shocked me by using the CAS sketch...I would have bet money you would have went for the fancy one :) I know you love to try new things. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge. I hope you like the new thumbnail players entry system.

Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Carol Hurlock said...

Hi Valerie-What a great card filled with wonderful embossing. I love your flowers and the colors of this fabulous design. This is sure to be an encouragement to the lucky person special enough in your life to receive this!

Valeria did you see the cruise details on the MMSC blog. Would you consider going with us. I would love to meet you and it is only a few hours drive for you up to Jacksonville!!! We are going to have a blast. Hope you can join us!

Thanks for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Val - I love that sentiment and the fact you have it as the focus of your card - perfect! Your embossing is fabulous too - I love all of the texture with those soft colours - a great mix! Love it! I am so glad you played along this week with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, we appreciate your support and we love seeing your 'works of the heart' See you again next week! (((hugs)))
Linda MMSC Design Team

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Hello there. Love to visit your Paradise!! You made those flowers, very nice - Bravo. Love the sentiment too on your card. Thanks for joining us at Midnight Madness.

Jane MMSC DT

Sue said...

What a beautiful sentiment and using is for the centerpiece of your card is perfect. Love the pink embossing too. Just a lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us this week for the MMSC.

Sue
MMSC March Guest