Welcome to Val's Paper Obsession

Welcome to VAL'S PAPER OBSESSION! Thanks for stopping by.

This is a blog of my card creations, with a few other things thrown in...Kick off your flipflops and sit a spell.

To see my card gallery, please go to: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=162786

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Request for Help


Hi Friends,

I received the following email from my sister, Kat, requesting support for her friend, Deb. I know Deb myself, and she is a very sweet lady, and certainly deserving of all the support she can get. A few minutes of our time could be very valuable in helping to lift her spirits and bring her strength. Here is Kat's email. Please take a minute to read it, and if you can send a card, it would be very much appreciated. Use "hopefordeb" as keyword if you'd like to upload it to SCS. And if you'd like to email me a copy, I'd love to see what you send. My email address is: vampme3@yahoo.com. Above is the card I am sending. She loves antiques, and this reminds me of her style.

*****************************************
Good afternoon enchanting women of the universe! There comes a time when we are all called to step outside of ourselves and be of support and service to others. I have found honor and inner peace in offering this to others, today I ask this of you. I am writing you because you are a special lady that has been a meaningful part of my life and I consider you one of my angels. As you know, I am not one to ask much for myself and it humbles me to ask for your help now. The help is not directly for me, but it will mean the world to me if you could help.

I am on a "Do it for Deb" campaign! My dear friend, Deb, is grappling with all of the challenges and fear that comes with the battle of ovarian cancer. She is certainly a hero to me. She, many years ago, believed in me and supported me even when I did not believe in myself. For that gift I will forever be grateful and endeared to her. I saw her last night and she had the face of an angel, the courage of a lion and the spirit of all that is wondrous and fabulous in this life. She is exemplifying strength that inspires me in the light of her battle. I am praying that I may be able to inspire you.

Please join me to show her she is NOT alone, that she can get through this and thrive. I am asking if you may take a few short moments of your time and send me a card in the mail that I can pass along to Deb--Send it to:


"Deb"
c/o Kat Perry
200 Brighton Hill Road
Minot, Maine 04258

Join the "Do it for Deb" campaign and support this amazing lady on her path. Thank you in advance for your words of wisdom and inspiration and your cards that will inevitably offer an embrace to her spirit. Time if of the essence, so act today. Also, if you know of angels that have touched your life who could send along support and words of wisdom to Deb invite them to join the "Do it for Deb" campaign and I welcome their cards...together we can all make a difference!


With love, light & hugs,Miss Kat

No comments: