Welcome to Val's Paper Obsession

Welcome to VAL'S PAPER OBSESSION! Thanks for stopping by.

This is a blog of my card creations, with a few other things thrown in...Kick off your flipflops and sit a spell.

To see my card gallery, please go to: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=162786

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Butterfly Garden, WT202


Here is my entry for SCS Ways to Use It Challenge (WT202). Altering pattern paper.

Sunday my dh and I went to a camelia show at Leu Gardens here in Orlando, FL. We got many beautiful pictures of magnolias and roses, and on our way out to the parking lot, we were looking at these beautiful orange flowers growing on the fence, and a butterfly came along and posed for us. This ended up being one of our favorite photos. I printed it and used it for my patterned paper. I then cuttlebugged it along with a piece of tangerine tango SU paper and used the combo to decorate a lime green card box that I had made a couple of weeks ago to present notecards in for gifts. I printed again and cut out the butterfly on a piece of black paper so he would stand out and made him dimensional.It was hard to photograph the embossing and still get a good shot of the photo, but you get the idea. tfl

No comments: