Welcome to Val's Paper Obsession

Welcome to VAL'S PAPER OBSESSION! Thanks for stopping by.

This is a blog of my card creations, with a few other things thrown in...Kick off your flipflops and sit a spell.

To see my card gallery, please go to: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=162786

Monday, February 6, 2012

Birthday Cupcakes & Kisses

This card is for 5 challenges:
1. Splitcoaststampers TLC363 - make your own striped paper;
2. Splitcoaststampers CAS156 - hearts;
3. Crafty Card Makers - CCM61 - Monochromatic Magic;
4. The Shabby Tea Room - TSTR100 - "Candy Hearts" - food theme & hearts, inspired by a cute photo on their site; and
5. The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge - SSS144 - sketch.
I made my homemade stripe panel with packaging from a stamp set.
My card base is a pre-embossed square card.
It doesn't show up well, but the main image panel is vellum with little heart flowers on the same striped packaging that my homemade panel was made of.
The cupcake, which is from Inkadinkadoo Birthday Cupcake set, was stamped in chocolate chip and colored with Copics, cut out and popped up on the vellum panel. The sentiment is from Hampton Art Happy Birthday set.
Inside is stamped Happy Birthday, from the Hampton Art se,t and little hearts, from the Inkadinkadoo set, randomly stamped very faintly.
I love the way this came out. I think it will perfect for my sister's upcoming birthday. tfl

6 comments:

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

This is super SWEET Val....pun intended!! :)
Thanks for joining us and using our sketch this week at The Sweet Stop.

Hugs,
Wendy

Gerry said...

Val, you outdid yourself on this one. I love it

Josephine said...

Beautiful!

Thanks for joining the Monochrome Magic at Crafty Cardmakers!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a SWEET card Val. Love the yummy cupcake. The background looks great... fab textures. Thank you for playing along with the Sweet Stop this week. :o)

Cindy said...

This is so sweet. I love the embossed hearts in the background. Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week.