Welcome to Val's Paper Obsession

Welcome to VAL'S PAPER OBSESSION! Thanks for stopping by.

This is a blog of my card creations, with a few other things thrown in...Kick off your flipflops and sit a spell.

To see my card gallery, please go to: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=162786

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Birthday Snow WT351

This is a birthday card for our nephew, Andy. He moved from Florida to Virginia last year, and since they do get a lot of beautiful sparkly snow in the winter, thought he would like this. For inspiration, I used the Ways to Use It Challenge - WT351 - at Splitcoaststampers - to use faux letter press. I brayered my tree folder with bordering blue ink and ran it through. At first, I was kind of disappointed in the coverage, but for this card, it actually worked to my advantage, as it looks like blowing snow. Then I did the same with the Happy Birthday folder and cut out a part of it for the sentiment. Added torn "snow" and Stickles and it's done. Very sparkly and pretty in real life. tfl



No comments: