Welcome to Val's Paper Obsession

Welcome to VAL'S PAPER OBSESSION! Thanks for stopping by.

This is a blog of my card creations, with a few other things thrown in...Kick off your flipflops and sit a spell.

To see my card gallery, please go to: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=162786

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bloom


Here is my entry for WT190. This was out of my comfort zone, but I wanted to try it. Thanks to Faith (Markie's Mom)...I used her idea of embossing, freezing and scrunching to get the crackled effect. I had some paper that looked like cracked paint and used this technique on it...then paper-pieced the awning and flowers and set them out with pop-dots. The awning and flowers were a little too bright to go with the distressed window and box, so I softened them up with more water to make them blend in more. I like the end result. It did take me quite a while though, so this card is going nowhere but in a scrapbook as an embellishment!! No chances of it being thrown away!! lol tfl

No comments: