Welcome to Val's Paper Obsession

Welcome to VAL'S PAPER OBSESSION! Thanks for stopping by.

This is a blog of my card creations, with a few other things thrown in...Kick off your flipflops and sit a spell.

To see my card gallery, please go to: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=162786

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Geisha with Orchids


This card is for 3 challenges:
1. Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge - CC257 - found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479668;
2. Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - MMSC40 - found here: http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/; and
3. Hero Arts Challenge - February2020A - using flowers found here: http://heroarts.com/

The stamp is from Hero Arts (one of my favorites) and the geisha is one of my new Asian folders from Cuttlebug.

tfl


5 comments:

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Such a softly elegant card! Your take on this week's sketch is wonderful. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Midnight Madness. :) Michelle

Carol Hurlock said...

Valerie as long as I have been coming to visit you each week...I have got to say that this is one of my favorites that you have done. I love the striking effect that embossed geisha has on the visual impact. This is very impressive and tantalizing. Beautifully done!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Valarie - this is fabulous. I love the feel you have achieved here, especially with the combination of the embossing and the image - gorgeous! It is great to have you playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, you know we love to see your cards and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Denise @ kc242 said...

Valerie your oriental card is soooo lovely! I love the image and your dp selection! Wow so creative! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at MMSC!
Denise
Midnight Madness DT
I have blog candy available until March 15 if you are interested! There are lots of goodies and 2 winners!

Priscilla said...

Everyweek, I enlarge your card and just stare at it for awhile..you come up with some really great techniques..Your work over the time I have know you has really progressed..I am so enjoying how you are expanding with your talents. Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Oh no, Valentines Day must be coming…wait for it… I “LOVE” that you are around to share with us and your work fills my heart with joy. Be sure to check the sneak peek tomorrow and have a wonderful weekend filled with lots of love and of course crafting ;)
Sending LOVE your way <3 <3 <3
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess