Welcome to Val's Paper Obsession

Welcome to VAL'S PAPER OBSESSION! Thanks for stopping by.

This is a blog of my card creations, with a few other things thrown in...Kick off your flipflops and sit a spell.

To see my card gallery, please go to: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=162786

Friday, August 7, 2009

Cupcake Celebration LSC232 MMSC13


This card is for Splitcoaststampers' Limited Supply Challenge (LSC232), to make a food-related card using only cardstock with "food" names.

I used pale plum and perfect plum SU cardstock, some plum print paper, and chocolate core'dinations, which I ran through the cuttlebug and sanded. I stamped my cupcake on the brown core'dinations with white ink and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, then cuttlebugged and cut apart to use the chocolate side for the frosting and the plum side for the cupcake paper. I then crimped the plum cupcake paper and mounted my cupcake on a pale plum paint chip.

My layout is from the Midnight Madness challenge (MMSC13) found here: http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/

tfl

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

That is one of the yummiest looking cupcakes ever! I love how real it looks. The crimping was such a great touch. Fabulous job! Thank you so much for joining us in the fun at the MMSC this week. We love having you. Hope to see you again next week.

Carolyn, MMSC DT

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun cupcake and great color combo. Wonderful job with the Midnight madness sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Val, this is so yummy! I love the color combo too! :) Michelle MMDT

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love that color combo!! The cupcake is yummy!! So real! Great job on the challenge this week. Thanks for playing along!

Priscilla said...

hey Valerie, I love how the frosting is the same swirl of the back ground tested paper..that really goes so great together an just ties it all in. Well done with the sketch..Bravo :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. Be sure to check out the “Mid Week Midnight Madness Tutorials” coming soon .
Priscilla

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Hi Valerie, yummy cupcake you have there! Fabulous color choice and I have to say you have done an awesome job with the sketch!
Look forward to next weeks entry...keep it sweet!!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT