Welcome to Val's Paper Obsession

Welcome to VAL'S PAPER OBSESSION! Thanks for stopping by.

This is a blog of my card creations, with a few other things thrown in...Kick off your flipflops and sit a spell.

To see my card gallery, please go to: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=162786

Friday, July 30, 2010

Priscilla's Sunflower


Well, today is Bob's last day of work, and I'm supposed to be getting things ready for his retirement pool party that we're having tomorrow, but I was just so inspired by this beautiful sunflower and all the challenges that it fit, that I just had to start out my day making this card! I find that if I wait til later, I just don't get to it, so have to strike while the mojo is flowing, right??!! Anyway, here it is, and it fits these 3 challenges:

1. Color Challenge 3 - cdaccc3 - at Crafter Digital Art Center - green, yellow, cream, using this beautiful sunflower freebie that Priscilla so graciously gave us. Thanks so much, Priscilla! The challenge and freebie are found here: http://priscillastyles.ning.com/profiles/blogs/color-challenge-cdaccc3;

2. Stamp Simply #150 Challenge - ssnotime150 - using the same colors, found here: http://notimetostamp.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2010/07/29/stamp-simply-150-a-color-challenge/; and

3. Splitcoaststampers Free For All Challenge - F4A23 - side-swiped (decorate side or sides of card), found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/free-all-f45/f4a23-side-swiped-7-29-10-a-t500607.html.

I printed the image 3 times, colored the bottom one with copics, the second one, colored top petals and fussy-cut for second layer, and third one cut out just center for layering. Layered them together and added distress stickles. The card base itself is Core'dinations sanded.

I loved making this card, and am glad I did it, but now gotta get to work!! tfl



2 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

This is gorgeous!

I
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ it!

Thanks so much for joining us in this week's Stamp Simply Color Challenge!

Grace said...

Hi Val! Oh I can certainly see why you had to stop and use this image right away!!! LOVE the digi and love how your colored and sparkled it up! Gorgeous creation!!!!