Welcome to Val's Paper Obsession

Welcome to VAL'S PAPER OBSESSION! Thanks for stopping by.

This is a blog of my card creations, with a few other things thrown in...Kick off your flipflops and sit a spell.

To see my card gallery, please go to: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=162786

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Birds WT215


OMG! I've titled this card "The Birds", because the end result is probably about 50% composed of things to fix my bright ideas that went wrong!!! What a nightmare!!! lol

Anyway, the card is for SCS Ways to Use It Challenge #WT215#, using only white cardstock. First, I debossed the white cs with the flower cuttlebug folder and then embossed it with the birds folder. Didn't come out as well as I thought it might, so to add color and emphasize the debossed images, I decided to paint some of the leaves and flowers. Well, made a little mess of that...so...cut out the rectangle with my coluzzle. Then the inside looked too plain white for my sentiment, so...used blue shimmers to watercolor inside...that was VERY slow work with my little paint brush!! Then...ok, this doesn't look that bad...now, here's the good part...stamped my sentiment UPSIDE DOWN!!! So...then I had to cut the card in half and tape it together right, cause I didn't want to have to do the whole window cutting thing again...so on and so on! LOL

Hope you like it anyway, and that I didn't bore you to death! But thanks for letting me vent! Jeesh!

No comments: