Welcome to Val's Paper Obsession

Welcome to VAL'S PAPER OBSESSION! Thanks for stopping by.

This is a blog of my card creations, with a few other things thrown in...Kick off your flipflops and sit a spell.

To see my card gallery, please go to: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=162786

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Asian Lady IC152


Wow! I could go crazy with inspired ideas from this gallery!!! Here's my inspirational piece: http://www.art.com/asp/sp-asp/_/PD--12813652/SP--A/IGID--2041972/Spring_Chorus.htm?sOrig=CRT&sOrigId=2339&ui=79D82E56BC1A4690AD7F01A8548714C9 I just love oriental art!! For this card I colored the lady's kimono in with red marker, then colored the flowers on the kimono with gold metallic paint pen, then did the black centers with liquid embossing dimensional paint. I cuttlebugged some gold metallic paper for the background to look like bamboo and stamped the orchid on some red dp I've had forever. I also made her stand out with pop-dots, although that doesn't show up that well in the pic. I took an earring apart that I made years back for the oriental coin. This was really a fun card. tfl


No comments: